Monday, June 16, 2008

Peace Be With You

This week's quotes are on the topic of "peace."
What would we have to hold in compassion to be at peace right now? What would we have to let go of to be at peace right now?
~ Jack Kornfield
Just reading those questions makes me feel peaceful. They remind me that peace is always everywhere, and to be aware of it, I simply need to remove whatever is going on in my mind that is not peaceful. Sometimes, that's easier said than done, but it helps to be reminded that is my choice and fully in my power to do that.
There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub.
~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Today, go to whatever place gives you a sense of peace. Enjoy it. Appreciate it. And then take that peace with you wherever you go.
There is a silence into which the world can not intrude. There is an ancient peace you carry in your heart and have not lost.
~ A Course in Miracles, Lesson 164
The light is behind whatever we see "out there", and what a lovely reminder from ACIM that we carry that light within.

Peace Be With You!

No comments: