Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Power Within

This week's topic was Discovering the Power Within You, based quite a bit on the book by that name by Eric Butterworth.

"Christ is your God-essence or the Self, as it is sometimes called in the east. The only difference between Christ and presence is that Christ refers to your indwelling divinity regardless of whether you are conscious of it or not, whereas presence means your awakened divinity or God-essence.
Being can be felt as the ever-present I AM that is beyond name and form. To feel and thus to know that you are and to abide in that deeply rooted state is enlightenment, is the truth that Jesus says will make you free. "
~ Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

I think that's one of the most powerful teachings of New thought - that the light, the presence, is not "out there" somewhere, but within each of us. I am a golden Buddha, buried in a clay statue. I am divinity, imprisoned in a human body. Each time I choose to act on the thoughts that come from my Higher Self, I chip away a bit more of the gunk that hides the light within me, and take one more step toward freedom.

Namasté

No comments: